Council launches free recruitment service for businesses
23 January 2012
Small and medium sized businesses can take advantage of a free recruitment service launched by Cheshire West and Chester Council.
The Workability Recruitment Response enables businesses with fewer than 250 employees to fill vacancies at no cost.
Every aspect of the recruitment process is taken care of, from drafting a job specification and placing advertisements to sifting through applications, interviewing, shortlisting and notifying candidates.
Part of the Council’s recession-beating Bouncing Back campaign, the service also specialises in giving the newly long-term unemployed access to employment opportunities.
Councillor Herbert Manley, Executive Member for Prosperity, said: “Workability is the latest initiative introduced by the Council to help residents and businesses through the current economic downturn.
“Its aim is to match local people to local jobs, with a focus on helping jobseekers who have found themselves long-term unemployed as a result of the recession.
“We hope to engage with at least 40 businesses during 2011 and I would encourage local employers who think they may benefit from this free, professional and confidential service to contact us to find out more.”
The Workability service can:
- Assist with agreeing job and person specifications
- Advertise the vacancy on the JobCentrePlus Employer Direct website www.direct.gov.uk
- Advertise the vacancy on Cheshire West and Chester Council’s website and promote the vacancy to network partners
- Issue application forms and deal with all candidate responses via CVs, telephone, email, etc;
- Liaise with candidates and provide advice and guidance regarding the vacancy;
- Sift through all applications;
- Arrange and conduct interviews, if required;
- Provide final shortlist;
- Issue all appropriate communication to successful and non-successful applicants.
Businesses requiring more information about Workability
Recruitment Response, or who would like to arrange a visit, should
telephone Project Co-ordinator Clive Richards on 0151 356 6774 or
0777 616 0991 or email email@example.com;
or Project Administrator Helen Crampton on 0151 356 6907 or 07990
703089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org