Did you know?
- One out of every four people who go to A&E could have been treated elsewhere in the community, or could have self-treated.
- More than 3.3 million people from the North West went to their local A&E department last year, at a cost of over £900,000 a day to the NHS.
- Every time you attend A&E at your local hospital, it can cost the NHS £124.
- Remember A&E and 999 services are for life-threatening and emergency conditions only.
Make sure you Choose Well and get the right treatment at the right place and help the NHS to manage its resources. Visit the Choose Well website for further information.
These are a few useful telephone numbers:
- Out of Hours GP service, open 6.30pm to 8.00am 01270 273666.
- Dental helpline 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday 0800 328 9865 (out of these hours call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47).
Get a back to school boost with Change4Life’s Smart Restart Going back to school after the holidays is a great time to make a fresh start. Change4Life’s new Smart Restart campaign helps families make one healthy change – like swapping treats for healthier alternatives or building in short bursts of extra activity into the day. With offers, discounts and help from emails, texts and the free Smart Restart app – there’s lots of support to help turn a healthy change into a healthy habit.
- Visit the Change4Life Smart Restart page to find out more and sign up for free until 22 September.
On 1 April 2013 a new organisation called Healthwatch (run by a consortium of six well-known local organisations) began to operate in the Cheshire West and Cheshire area.
Healthwatch’s responsibilities include:
- Providing information about local health and social care services.
- Making sure that the views and experiences of local people about health and social care services are gathered and passed on to those who plan and run these services.
- Carrying out visits to local adult social care and health establishments in order to ensure that the quality of services is good and any concerns are followed up.
If you would like to get in touch with Healthwatch to find out more or are interested in volunteer opportunities with them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.